The following is recommended when you plan the Logic Net setup:
Place the LS6100 so that you can use the mounting brackets located at the bottom of the unit.
Place the LS6100 so that the RESET button is accessible.
Place the LS6100 so that the beeps from the speakers can be heard.
Place the LS6100 so that the LED indicator on the front panel can be seen.
Place the LS6100 above grill/counter level, out of the way of possible spills.
Mounting brackets are provided to facilitate mounting the LS6100 to a wall, ceiling or display monitor mounting arm. The installer should insure that the wall anchors used with the mounting brackets have the capacity to support 4.3 kg (9.5 lb.). This weight is determined by adding a safety margin weight to the weight of the unit. Wall anchors with specified weight capacity are available commercially.
Make sure that all systems are powered off before making or removing any connections to the LS6100 unit. Follow the steps below in connecting the devices:
1. Connect the VGA cable of the display monitor to the LS6100.
2. Connect the RS232 cable of serial devices to the LS6100.
3. Connect the keyboard device to the LS6100.
4. Connect the Ethernet cable from Ethernet hub or switch to the LS6100.
5. Connect power to all peripheral devices and turn on power.
6. Connect power adapter to the LS6100 and power cord to the power adapter.
7. Plug the power cord into AC power outlet.
8. If necessary, reset the LS6100 by pressing the reset button.
1 Install the LS6100 units as described in HARDWARE INSTALLATION section.
2 Setup optional parameters on LS6100 if necessary (for example, RS232 baud rate and beeper pitch).
3 Setup the LS6100 station address used for quick identification of the station.
4 Setup LS6100 IP address, subnet mask and port number to the required values. Check with system administrator for proper settings. Note that the IP address must match the IP group of the host server and the TCP port address must match the port number used by the application software.
5. Save parameters and exit setup.
6 Verify that the values on the boot up screen shows the correct set up values. If not, repeat step 2 to 5 to correct the settings.
7 The setup for one LS6100 is now completed. Repeat as necessary for each LS6100 in the system, ensuring a unique IP address for each LS6100. Always verify the setting on the boot up screen.
8. Check the host server IP address to make sure that it’s in the same IP group as the LS6100 units. Setup the server IP address if necessary.
9. Setup the application software if necessary, including TCP port number setting.
10. Run the application software or a test program to verify functions of the system.
For more information please visit: http://bematechus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/LS6100-User-Manual.pdf
Drivers and Utilitites